It’s the start of a new year for Canine To 5 Pet Services. I can’t believe that 4 years ago on July 13th I visited my first dog.
Her name was Junebug and she was just beautiful. That was the beginning of, not only my pet sitting business, but a loving relationship with pets. Junebug was my first pet but is not my last. In the last 3 years, I have had the privilege of meeting the most amazing Pet Parents and even more amazing Pets.
When I started Pet Sitting, I had no idea that it was going to become a business. My initial thought was that pet sitting could supplement my Social Security, it has done so much more.
Unknown to me at the time, pet sitting was becoming a booming industry. So many pet parents were looking for alternatives to taking their pets to a kennel. In a 2017-2018 National Pet Owners Survey, the APPA (American Pet Products Association) reported that 68 percent of U.S. households own a pet. What does that mean? It means that the need for professional pet sitters and dog walkers is on the rise. Professional Pet Sitters have gained credibility and attention over the last decade. We are now well-known professionals in the service industry. Who would have known? Watching someone’s pet is just a hobby isn’t it? The answer to that is a definite NO! So, you may ask, who is offering pet sitting services to hundreds and thousands pet owning households. According to a survey taken in 2018 by PSI (Pet Sitting International), the typical pet sitter is Female and the average age is 58. They also, are pet owners themselves and are very social people using Facebook and Instagram to market their businesses. That’s not to say that men can’t be good pet sitters.
The definition of Pet Sitting – “the act of caring for a pet in its own home while the owner is away”. Dog Walking is also a form of Pet Sitting because you go the clients’ home to provide the exercise and companionship. Pet sitters care for your pets in your home. Pet owners often use pet sitters when they go on a vacation, travel for business or are working long hours.
Caring for pets in the Clients’ homes is what separates pet sitters from boarders or doggie daycares.
Now that we’ve gone over some stats, why should you hire a professional pet sitter such as Canine To 5 Pet Services?
- Your pets are happier and experience less stress at home in their familiar environment
- Diet and exercise routines are uninterrupted
- Travel trauma for both owner and pet is eliminated
- Pet’s exposure to illness is minimized
- Untrained or unwilling friends/family/neighbors need not be called.
- In-home professional pet care provides added peace of mind.
So you ask – What does a Pet Sitter Do? What does Canine To 5 Pet Services do?
- We offer several pet sitting visits per day
- We offer daily walks
- We offer overnight stays
- Feeding your pets and changing their water
- Providing exercise and play time
- Cleaning Litter Boxes and cleaning up any other pet messes
- Administering pet medications, if needed
- Providing lots to TLC
- We also bring in the mail and newspapers, alternate blinds and lights to give the home a “lived-in look” if the owner is away. We will perform other tasks as requested by the pet owners.
- We also offer Pooper Scooper Services through Dookies Waste Removal Services, which is a subsidiary of Canine To 5 Pet Services.